I have grown used to not having a lot of rest when I have a lot of show plans.
I cannot honestly say I function at my best when a little deprived, but I can definitely say that 9 times out of 10, I would sacrifice rest for the experience. Because there is always down time and there is always those "between show" days of sheer boredom where I catch up.
Like now.
Here is something I have learned: There are very different reasons behind each bout of "mid show" boredom.
I have planned (I use that word loosely here....) my adventures to kind of tailor this feeling a bit, so that it doesn't last too long before I have something else to get into.
BUT...it really depends on the underlying reason I am "withdrawing" to begin with.
If it is a need for sound, speakers, crowds, you know - the environment - I have been able to somewhat substitute that need with the lo-calorie version - my iPod and blasting car stereo.
If it is personal, and trust me, there are times like that - even if I don't discuss that here....Well, then it is completely different. Because then, my iPod, while I am devotedly in love with it - can also be the biggest jerk-off ever.
The hardest, however, is the combo pack. When there is a personal investment in addition to the craving for the environment. Yikes. "Danger Will Robinson."
I have said it time and time again, to many many people - I love my "real job". But this chica is so not cut out for 8-5. That is the hardest part of being me.
"Oh poor thing. You have a great job, great friends, great adventures....STFU" - me to me.
Fine. I am feeling a little superior [/JD, Heathers]
Let's talk actualities for a second...because "Behind the Lens" was made of FAIL this week, as far as products. Y'all get nothing. Sorry.
On Tuesday, I saw Cage the Elephant, Manchester Orchestra and Silversun Pickups. Again.
And...I have 46 seconds of actual show footage. And it was really just a souvenir for myself, cause I was feeling a little, uh, "swoony". LOL. Lame attempt at a pun. Forgive me. But I did what I said I would do and be a fan that night. Boy...
But the 2 more times I am seeing them (if you are paying any attention...that means I have since added a show....this tends to happen.) in the next 10 days - I am sure some kind of footage will occur. So stay tuned.
Last night I saw Jason Castro in Roanoke. I didn't get a damn thing - a couple pics, that's it. The "street teamer" in me kicked in, over the fangirl...and I got off on watching the crowd fall for him. That was enough for me. That, Hallelujah and the little "I'm Yours" techno-duet.
I had some very good people there with me too, and a lot of the time, the camaraderie that comes out of these things (planned...or unplanned) ends up being the highlight.
And I will leave this blog at that. That sums it up.

No comments:
Post a Comment