Welcome to my blog.
I appreciate your perusal. I do not pride myself on being a writer at all. I thought that was what I wanted to be when I was 11...but as time went on, it turned into more of a "talker" than "writer".
Regardless, I am trying my hand at this, because I have a fairly recent hobby (?) that has generated a lot of stories, experiences and entertainment...and as I have emailed my friends (some) of the details, all of them have said "You need to write a book!" Uh. No.
But a blog I can handle.
So here we have it.
Behind the Lens
Pretty self explanatory. I have a fledgling video business where I tape bands and musicians, and put together videos for them. I have a lot of ideas and a lot of passion, and some very pretty boys I call friends that let me tape them. Hell of a learning process, right? I am a lucky gal.
But at some point, it won't be practice...it will be the real deal.
So for the details of my business, check out the website....
This blog is for the stories.
Because let me tell you, people do a lot of things when there is a tall blonde chick with a camera floating around...
So my first "real" post is a copy/paste from my myspace blog. I had to really get up the nerve to do this, so be kind...
I am a pretty brave chick.
I will do most anything once and talk to most anyone at any time. I am not afraid of new places and change. I jump into cold water and awkward situations easily most of the time.
So when I started this little "side project" of mine last fall, I figured I would run into obstacles and have to learn new things on the fly.
This is an understatement, to say the least. And about 80% of that knowledge has had nothing to do with video.
I have been following bands around for a while...I get hung up easily, and a lot of you know and can relate to this. I have tried to explain it to those that don't relate, and just can't....I like repetition in the oddest ways, for someone who hates monotony. I am pretty sure it is a feeling I am after, and if I find it, I keep going back for more.
These days, I am trying to capture that feeling on film...
On one of my long drives home, fighting off some serious "post show let down", I had a stroke of inspiration. It was the fastest I have ever driven home after a show.
And the 2nd longest time I have ever spent not sleeping in bed....working my ass off, and teaching myself some new things and reliving some stuff.
12 hours for about 4 minutes...which is a little cathartic, actually.
A few key folks have seen this, and for them I am really grateful because they helped build my courage. Why sharing this scares me, I will never know. I guess it is like a musician debuting a song for the first time...after they just learned to play the guitar.
But I have learned a lot about bravery in the past week, and I am taking my cues from that...
So without further ado, as I battle my inner Cowardly Lion and post my trailer for my little project....My name is Ash, and I have a Habit....
7/22/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Woo HOOO! Great job, kiddo!!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you want any graphics/buttons, etc. I can do limited stuff - lol. And, now you HAVE to do a shuffle for Music Savvy Mom (I know you're not a mom - whatever. I make the rules there. ;)) so that I can send people over!!!
Okay...I am soooooo jealous of you, and am dying to know if you've worked with any of my favorite bands. And if you ever follow a band into Memphis, Nashville, Huntsville, Chattanooga, Birmingham, Atlanta, or possibly even Knoxville or New Orleans, you must let me know! We have to meet!
ReplyDeleteOh...followed you over from Music Savvy Mom - I promise I'm not some weird stalker type!
all of those cities are entirely possible. we will definitely meet someday... :-)
ReplyDeleteWe've SO got to talk and compare notes...
ReplyDelete