7/22/09

There is no present or future without the past...

My "business" was born on October 19, 2008 on a drive to Charlottesville, VA to see a Jason Mraz concert.
It came to me like a flash....a light bulb turning on over my head, like in a cartoon.
It was a way to follow music in the way I like to follow it, and maybe have something come of it someday.
Because I can't sing.
I can't play an instrument.
I can't write music or lyrics.
I prefer to hang with those that can do those things...
And I love to watch all of that from, you guessed it, Behind the Lens...
So my business was born.

But even the drive to Charlottesville to see Jason Mraz was driven by a history and series of events and influence of people outrageously out of my control. And probably a boring story.

Makes for kind of a fun timeline though, so that is what we are going to get...

This would be a good place to start, I think. This was 2005ish.
See that tall guy in the black shirt? That's my brother.
That guy I have my arm around? That's the drummer.
And the guy I am feeding a beer to? The guitarist.
You get the idea. My brother got every single bit of the musical talent in my family. This is a guy who can pick up any instrument and play it. His choice is the 5 string bass though.
The reason I love to know about bands is because of him. No question.


Ok, fast forward a bit...August 2006?
This was the very first experience with being "Behind the Lens" in a video capacity.
I always let everyone else do it, so that I could experience the experience. And I took photos. This time, I was first in a really excited line of eager fangirls to see a little summer tour...so I gave them a preview. Got them a "shout out"...

And that was a feeling I did not forget...from taping it, to presenting it. Kind of a weird power trip, in a generous way.


I didn't tape much more of Constantine, to be honest. That whole thing and everything it lead to was the base, the foundation of some knowledge that I have embraced since. In other words, it is a story I am going to keep to myself. Sorry. It's nothing big, I promise, you aren't missing much...but from Winter 2005 to the present day, this whole thing is a major vein in my heart of life.

But it isn't what pumps the blood, so to speak.

So the reason I started my You Tube account?
I will tell you...the dreadlocks are a constant....
Jason Castro...in his first performance, on his first (of many, I am sure...) major tour. So what if it was American Idol.
And so what if the security guy got mad at me for filming...
This is what sealed the deal, so to speak.



My only video of Jason. Hopefully not for long. Jason put me in the throws of yet another Idol fan community (see link to Castrocopia....over there ---->)
Which is how I ended up even driving to Charlottesville that day to see Jason Mraz, where I met up with another fan-type. We are an interesting group, to say the least.
In general. Fans are unique people...

Jason Castro lead me directly to my muse...who lead me directly to my Habit...who lead me to here...THAT is a story I'll tell.

Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

  1. *rubbing hands together ala Montgomery Burns*....EXXXXXCELLLEENNTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, fans are unique people. Gotta love 'em. Us.

    ReplyDelete