18 times? I think....I am pretty sure that is how many times I have seen Constantine since 2005. It seems like there are more that I am forgetting. But those are the ones I definitely remember.
Have I caught up to that since? Nope.
We are sitting at 13 for one, and 11 for the other.
The rest are in smaller numbers...between 2 and 5.
My point is, I like to see the same acts over and over, in addition to seeing new bands.
I am like that with movies and books too.
If I like something and get positive vibes from something, I want it over and over again.
18, however is over a 4 year span.
The 11...less than a year.
The 13...less than 6 months. Wow.
I have tried to explain this shit, even to myself sometimes...I just don't have one that can be put into words.
There are a few reasons - I love performances and performers, and most of the time, the bands/artists that I love to watch live are just that - they give out more than music (on stage, people...)
I also get off on seeing other people love the bands that I love.
To watch new people fall for someone I have already fallen for is just a huge thrill for me. I like to share. I like to play "musical matchmaker".
And it's like Sheryl Crow so succinctly puts it, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."
7/25/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, I'd see my favorites EVERY chance I got, if they would only:
ReplyDeletea. Come to my city or even close enough for a school-night drive
b. tour more often
c. or if I had the means to travel when and wherever I wanted.
I think I will live semi-vicariously through you!