There are a couple videos/stories I want to talk about that I had no intention of using as part of my business "portfolio", so to speak.
Videos that are more like souvenirs of really great times.
One of those was this summer, at the end of June, when I was fortunate enough to WIN tickets to see JTNL's first show opening for Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd in West Palm Beach, FL.
That week was the beginning of what I call, (affectionately at first and it has since stuck) my "Rock & a Hard Place Tour". It is my nickname for this spring/summer/fall....whatever.
So I get there, get my tickets at the BAND will-call (seriously a huge thrill for me! lol!) and take me and my friend into the show. Get our seats and wait for JTNL to come on. And I was hoping I could sneak in a video...and I did.
It ain't great, but it is one of my favorite video possessions. I am so proud of them, and was super honored to be there.
Another one came a few weeks ago.
One of the things I love about music, is that it opens you to more music. And one of the best things I have gotten out of these past several months is essentially a musical "cupid".
This guy introduced me to this band, called Silversun Pickups and from quite literally the 1st second I heard them in that Jeep in High Point, NC, I was stunned. And hooked.
And later, I found out they were coming to Virginia.
And come hell or high water, I was going to that.
I had no earthly idea that I would end up with 4 videos from it, and be able to meet most of the band. It was a great night.
This is a "prized possession" of mine:
Switching to business though, from here on out - August till whenever....mission is this (and you guys can help me if you want!)
Tape one new band/artist a month. As I have found, new bands lead me to new bands....so this should not be hard. But since I have already accomplished my business mission for 2009 (which was having one paying client...), I decided to amend it a little.
I can't wait.
8/20/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome video! Do you ever tape/photograph metal shows? All the vids I've seen so far have been awesome; I'll be you could really do justice to shows which typically have elements of theatrical performance art as well.
ReplyDeleteI want to tape all kinds of music! My brother is really into metal, so I have seen a lot of shows with him, but I need to start bringing my camera to them.
ReplyDelete